Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Mexico Adventure

We started the Mexico Adventure last year. We are looking for a place to do missions in the near future. Last year we visited 4 cities and found one that we liked and felt would have some options for us to do some missions work. This summer we decided to check out another mission's ministries. We traveled to Acapulco, Mexico on June 7, 2008. We felt this place would be a good fit for us - there was a Christian school that needs English teachers - so that would fit my giftings and what I love to do. There is also a drop-in center for kids that live on the street - Jeff's giftings and what he loves to do. Even though, it sounded perfect, for some reason, I had NO desire to go live in Acapulco. Jeff on the other hand was very excited and felt like it would be a great place to do ministry. So our prayer as we left was that the Lord would show us both the same thing -His desire for us and if He wanted us to be missionaries in Acapulco.

So since I have no clue what else to blog about right now, I will save the stories about the ministries for other blogs. :)

No comments: