Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

1st Birthday

On March 24th, Nathan turned one. I can't believe one year went by so quickly. I don't have any pictures of him on his actual birthday - becuase we tried him on whole milk, and he was still allergic to it. So he wasn't feeling very well on his birthday. Poor guy!!! We had his party a few days later here at the house. It was a lot of fun. I was looking forward to the typical make a huge mess with the birthday cake, but as you will see below that never happened.

Here are some thoughts from Nathan about that day:

Happy Birthday!!! I keep hearing these words and have no clue what they mean. All I know is mom and dad have been busy cleaning the house. I want to get my toys out and they keep putting them away.

Here I am sitting with my Grandaddy King - just chillin out waiting for something to happen with this whole birthday thing.
Then all these people started showing up at our house. I have never seen this many people here before. It was a lot of fun playing outside. If this is what a Birthday is - I like it. I could stay outside all day long.

Here is my friend Josiah and his sister Gabrielle. He is only 6 days younger than I am.


Even friends from my sitter came - Tillman, Elizabeth, and Liam.



There was all this food - not much of it looked like I could eat it. But I thought it was pretty cool for my babysitter - Mrs. Gerrie to be at my house. I usually go to her house everyday while Mom and Dad work.


I am not sure exactly what is going on. Mom just put this dumb hat on me. I guess I am going to eat something - I am sitting in my eating chair. But I don't understand why everyone is looking at me. Haven't you seen someone eat before?

What is this???? That shiny thing - it's pretty cool. And everyone is singing to me.

And What is this thing you put on my tray? Am I suppose to eat it? Dad tried putting my hand in it, but I am just not too sure about this.


Ok - maybe I can try this on my own! Am I going to get in trouble if I make a mess?

Still not sure if I like this. And why are all you guys looking at me. I like to eat in peace.


Here is the big cake that mom and Grandaddy made.



They finally gave me a spoon. I like this sweet thing better with a spoon.


ooooh, look at all this stuff. Is it for me??? I slightly remember another time when there was a bunch of stuff in the living room all wrapped up. I think they called that Christmas. So is a birthday like Christmas?


Mom what is it? You look excited about it whatever it is!


I have learned a new skill - how to read. I am practicing on this envelope here. Let's see, I think it is from . . . . . Ah, who am I kidding - I can't read!



After the party was over, Mom and Dad let me try that cake thing again. This time I was a little more into it!




That was a fun day. So I am just wondering - do I get to have a Birthday everyday???

No comments: