Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

My new favorite thing

I have just discovered something that has solved several of my problems. I don't like to drink much (of anything) and need to drink more water(says the dr.). So lately I have tried several things to help me do this. For me to drink water, it must be very cold with lots of ice. I have tried Nalgene bottles and they are great, but they sweat! I have put one into a hideous bright pink holder thing that helped the sweating problem - but it was so UGLY!!! I have even been known to wrap a kitchen towel around it and put it in place with rubber bands. Again, not too cool! Since I like to fill my containers with ice, it was hard to find one with a large enough mouth to put a lot of ice in at one time. But then the bigger the opening gave me more of a chance to spill water all over my face and clothes(Remember my maiden name was Kluttz). I have tried lots of other things and I won't bore you with the details.

The other day, at school everywhere I looked, I kept seeing people with these big tall plastic cup things. So finally I asked the teacher across the hall - whats the deal with all these cups??? And it was then that I was introduced to the Tervis Tumbler. I am sure everyone knows about these and I am a bit slow. But as soon as I realized: they don't sweat, comes in a large size, has a large opening for lots of ice AND comes with a lid and a straw - I knew I had to go get one!

So this weekend I took a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought 2!! I LOVE THEM!!

No comments: