The very last week in May, Jeff and I were surprised to find out we were expecting another baby. I don't even know where to begin this story. So here goes . . . .
A few months earlier, this is what we were thinking/going through: We always knew we wanted more children, but with all the infertility issues we had before, we really didn't know what the Lord wanted for our family. Would Nathan be our only child? Would we try any more infertility treatments if we didn't conceive another baby? Would we try for just a little while, then pursue adoption? About this same time we started to look seriously into going on the mission field. We had been approved by our mission organization about a year ago, but put things on hold due to being foster parents. So we decided it was time to really start the process of getting on the field. That of course left me with more questions - what if we decided we wanted to adopt? Should we continue to put the missions stuff on hold while we wanted to continue to grow our family? Was it really the time to go on the mission field, knowing we wanted more children, but had NO idea what that looked like.
We prayed and decided that no we would not put going on the mission field to have more children. The Lord knew our desire and we would just take one step at a time. In praying over this, we decided to stop birth control to see what the Lord had in store. Due to my polycystic ovary syndrome, I started tracking my cycle just to see what would happen when being off the pill. As it was before, my cycle wasn't normal. It did seem a tad more regular than before, but nothing "normal".
That last week in May I had been very sick with the sinus crud. It was the last week of school and very stressful. I don't like taking medicine, so I wasn't taking anything to help the symptoms. One night Jeff said - just take something - you are miserable. I finally decided ok, I will, went to the medicine cabinet and pulled out something to take. As I stared at the box, something came over me - I didn't want to take this. I wanted to wait to take a pregnancy test in the morning - just to make sure. I told Jeff this and he said I was crazy. There was no way I was pregnant - just take the medicine. I had taken a test a few weeks earlier and it was negative. But I just had this feeling . . . So I went to bed with no medicine.
The next morning, I took a pregnancy test and to my amazement it was POSITIVE!!! I ran into the guest room (Jeff was sleeping in another room so he wouldn't get sick) and told Jeff. He didn't believe me - he thought I wanted to prove him wrong due to the conversation the night before. Are you kidding me??? This is something I would not joke about. But even I didn't believe it either to be honest. There was no way - we weren't trying, it took so long with Nathan, I wasn't even taking the metformin to help with the PCOS, and I was still nursing Nathan - there is no way.
I took several more pregnancy tests over the next few days and all were positive. Since my cycle was so irregular, I had no idea how far along I was. We went in for an ultrasound the first week of June - I was six weeks along. We got to see the precious heartbeat of our 2nd child.
As I type this blog post, I am now 34 weeks. We are expecting a baby girl Feb. 2nd. I still look back at that time in late May/early June and remember how the Lord (once again) taught us that He is in complete control!!!! I just look at Nathan and my swollen belly and I am reminded that the Lord is faithful in His perfect timing - not ours!!!
1 comment:
I love your story! Praise the Lord! Hope y'all are doing well!
Post a Comment