Today I decided just to write some updates.
Christmas:
It was a strange Christmas this year. We didn't have any decorations up - no tree, no stockings, no red and green "stuff". This was primarily due to me being hormonal and crying as we tried to pick out a Christmas tree. We waited a bit late to go get one and all that were left were small, pathetic ones! Each time Jeff held one up - I would just start to cry. The result: no tree!!! Besides the lack of Christmas decorations - it was a good Christmas. We got to spend some good time with family and it was pretty low key. It was our niece's first Christmas and it was fun to see her crawling all over the house.
Pregnancy/Baby stuff:
I am 28 weeks - in the 3rd and final trimester. So we are on the home stretch with less than 3 months to go (due March 20th). We have been busy lately moving furniture around trying to get the nursery ready. We are trying to keep all the furniture we have and add the baby stuff. Can we say CROWDED!!! :) We bought a rocking recliner and had to take it back because it was too big. So we are back on the search for one of those. The crib is on order and will be here soon (I hope). We are still deciding on a name for this baby boy. I never thought it would be this difficult. We have a running list and I think the decision might be made in the hospital! I hope to post some growing belly pictures soon - but I have to collect them from the family members who keep taking them!!!
Missions Update:
We have been approved with World Witness to be full time missionaries. We are now just waiting for the go ahead to start raising support. We will be serving in somewhere in Mexico - but not quite sure of the exact city. We have a couple we are considering. The earliest we would start training/language school could be the summer of 2010 - but that is completely up in the air and depends on how quickly we can raise the support. So for now, we are waiting on the Lord's timing to start this next adventure!
Jeff's new Jeep:
Jeff got a new Jeep a few days before Christmas. I know, some of you are asking - but didn't he get a new Jeep just recently??? Yes, about a year ago, Jeff got a brand new 4 door Jeep Wrangler. Well it had some issues - the main one being it leaked!!! Anytime it rained, the floors were soaking wet. We took it to the dealership several times to get it fixed and to no avail - nothing worked. So we had a few stressful months of trying to pursue the lemon law. That is NO FUN!! But the Lord took care of the details - we didn't have to get an attorney and the company bought back the leaking Jeep and we got a brand new 2009 one. This time he picked a green one and thankfully it is an automatic. (Easier for me to drive - I don't have to sit 2 inches away from the steering wheel.)
We are praying this new year will be one in which we can glorify the Lord in everything we do, say, and think!
No comments:
Post a Comment