Jeff and I are in the process of applying to be missionaries with World Witness (ARP's mission organization). We will be going Wed. Oct. 1st for their board meeting to do candidate stuff.
This week we had to rush to complete 4 personality tests. UGH - they took FOREVER!!! One of the tests had 567 questions that were completely random. You would be answering the pretty normal type personality questions and then come across questions like these thrown in:
I see things and animals that most people don't see.
I have felt my soul leave my body.
I would like the job of a park ranger.
Someone is trying to poison me.
I hardly ever have neck pain.
I like to read mechanics magazines.
As Jeff and I were taking the tests, we would all of a sudden hear a burst of laughter from the other room as you got to an unusual and unexpected question.
Tonight we met with the psychologist and we got his approval for us to go forward with pursing being on the mission field. He saw no major problems, and considered us "healthy"!!! It's a good feeling to know you aren't about to be put into a mental institution.
So we are on to the next step . . .
1 comment:
That really is a praise. When Michael and I were applying to be church planters (we were also in our final semester of seminary and I was planning our wedding!) the results of my personality test suggested that I needed professional counseling! I was not happy!!! (It is almost sort of funny now :))
Post a Comment